Few causes and treatment of vaginal odor
Causes and Treatment Vaginal Odor; Issues related to vagina is so much personal that many women can`t share these even with their sisters or friends. This is a sensitive and personal topic so everyone wanted to deal it in a personalized manner. Same was my thinking on the issue that how can discuss the matter about smelling fishy vaginal odor. But I proved wrong as this matter is now very open and common and girls start discussing it openly with others. The reason is that fishy vagina is a common problem that most of the girls suffer at different point in time. In past women feel embarrassed to ask question and educate themselves about the causes and treatment of vaginal odor. So if you are one of those who are shying away and feeling embarrassed for asking these questions, then you should keep on reading this articles as you will get to know the reasons and treatment for this chronic problem.
Causes of Vaginal Odor
- One of the most common causes of vaginal odor is bacterial vaginosis BV.
- Another reason for your smelly vagina is change of sex partner. This is important factor to consider, because when you change your sex partner, his semen when come in contact with your fluid while doing intercourse, it can potentially change the natural smell of vagina.
- Another common cause of vaginal odor is over douching. This is not considered as the main or primary reason for vaginal smell, but it can worsen an existing issue by disturbing the already set natural pH balance of vagina.
- Sometime women can also experience vaginal odor during periods. So you should look for the issue that if your vaginal become smelly during your periods or not.
- If you forget to eliminate a wet tampon, then it can become a reason of infection as well as strong vaginal smell.
- Another factor that can cause vaginal odor is the hormonal changes that occur, near or before, your pregnancy or monthly cycle.
- Steroids and antibiotics is also the reason of vaginal odor.
These are the few causes that can make your vagina smelly. Now if you are worried about vaginal odor and looking to get rid of it, following are the treatments of vaginal odor.
- First of all you have to care for your hygiene. You should wear clean and neat tampon and change these regularly. Mostly girls who are having light menstrual flow don`t change these regularly, but you should to avoid vaginal odor.
- You must avoid douching that can strip vagina of natural lubricants.
- Another thing that you can do is to avoid wearing tight pants and underwear as it will allow your vagina to breathe freely. Try to wear cotton underwear as it allows proper absorption as well as air circulation.
I hope after reading this article you will get to know some of the causes and treatments of vaginal odor. And it will also help you in getting rid of this long ongoing problem and that with complete privacy. Good luck!